Tuesday, August 16, 2011

How I Celebrated my Birthday


baconsilog bacon luncheon meat sunny side up maling

Of course I have to wake up with this in bed.  My favorite meal... silog breakfast-in-bed!

baconsilog bacon luncheon meat sunny side up maling

Marc was in the mood to be creative and sweet so he picked up periwinkle flowers from mama's garden.  These are the shrubs mama planted to shoo away mosquitoes.  Since I have suffered from dengue hemorrhagic fever a few years back, she just wanted to be careful and make sure I am protected in every way possible.

chocolate mousse

During that day I baked my own cake but didn't incorporate any design to it.   Marc didn't want me to stress out during that day so I just simplified the cake.

chocolate mousse

I made my usual chocolate cake except that I tried a different recipe.  I also made chocolate mousse for the first time and used it as the chocolate's filling

chocolate mousse

Next time I should make more chocolate mousse with just a little chocolate cake.  My goodness, just the thought of it is mouth watering enough.  Too bad I suspect that I am developing an allergy of some sort towards sweets.  I still need to be checked by a doctor though.  But is that possible?

chocolate mousse

Anyway, I hope that it is just a temporary situation... otherwise, I'd be a baker who is allergic to sweets. :))

chocolate mousse

Of course it wont be complete if we didn't bake our homemade pizza, this time I'm liking the crust.  Thanks to my hubby who always encourage me to try different recipes.


homemade shawarma pizza


I also baked 12 dozens of cream puffs that I brought to the office!  
That was almost 150 pieces! /sweat




So far that was how I celebrated my birthday.  Simple and almost everything homemade. :)

birthday girl rina maria reyes

I especially loved the steak and veggies that my hubby prepared for dinner.  It was absolutely perfect with my favorite wine (anything made of strawberry is my favorite ;)).)  Thank you Lord for another blessed year! I can't wait until the next time. [-o<


No comments:

Post a Comment