Friday, June 3, 2011

Sponsored Art: Princess Cake

Last March I was given the opportunity to bake and decorate the birthday cake of a very sweet girl named Erielle. One of my closest friends in the office was confident enough to trust me make her one and only daughter's 5th birthday cake!

I was both excited and nervous at the same time since I never really had any experience baking for a celebration. Well, I baked orange chiffon cake for Christmas back in high school, but that was only for family consumption so i guess it doesn't count.

That was why I still had to practice before Erielle's birthday.  The picture below is the prototype princess/barbie cake.  Good thing my sister in law, Princess, had two barbies that I got to practice with.

Barbie Cake Princess Cake

Obviously the doll is pretty but her dress isn't.   *blush*

I am thankful that I practiced because I learned a lot from several mistakes I made with the first one. There were quite a few improvements for the actual cake (IMHO).

Barbie Cake Princess Cake
But what's more important is what our first client thinks.

Barbie Cake Princess Cake

Looks like our little princess is happy with it... ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment